Thursday, March 16, 2006

The work done right!


I try to keep this thing pretty positive... I haven't done my "I hate the marine industry" rant on here. But as we all know, the service one receives can often be terrible. I won't get into all the bad experiences here...
Well, we got a call from our current marina service manager the other day who had a couple of questions about the work that they had done on the exhaust riser (see a couple of posts ago). Turns out his guys had done the work with the materials they always use and just added the bronze part that I had ordered to that mix. Let me say here that they did a GREAT JOB! But, they used galvanized parts on the rest of the assembly--- Turns out that bronze parts are only another $50 and will last longer. The manager realized what had happened and offered to replace the galvanized with bronze for just the price of the parts- he'll cover the labor, since he feels like it was a mistake on their part. I am thrilled! I'm not so worried about the labor cost, just really impressed with the fact that he thought this was what we would have wanted in the first place, and decided to make it right. Have heart, boat owners-- good service is out there if you look!

No comments:

Post a Comment