Friday, March 03, 2006

Wiring Diagnosis...


Somewhere there is a place where electricity should be traveling--- and it's not. I've asked a friend who is really good with electrical systems and electronics to come and help diagnose and fix our problem. This all becomes greek to me very quickly and my patience runs thin trying to figure it out. We've had intermittent issues with trying to get the starter to turn over in the past and always thought it was a starter issue. I've been doing some diagnosis with the starter as well (again, upon the advice of people with more knowledge than me) and it seems to be fine for now. Although at a replacement cost of less than $200, it will be on the budget for later this year or early next. So we're getting out the multimeter and going to town tomorrow to see where we're losing continuity.
In the meantime, I've finished splicing the spin halyard... which leaves the spare and the topping lift yet to do. At $20 per 'eye splice' in the retail market, learning the splicing stuff has already saved me over $100 in the past week or so. And to think the set of fids cost $30... go figure.
There are also the last 2 winches to get broken down, cleaned and rebuilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment