Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Corrosion, how I despise thee...


Obviously this photo is just a fun pic showing of corrosion, and not what I found on the fuse fitting causing my starter trouble. I will say that I was pretty darned happy when we discovered that we simply needed to clean some corrosion off of a terminal to end the issue. It was a nice day, so I continued to work on another project... I replaced the old Easylock Midi rope clutch with a new Spinlock XAS double. Incredibly, the mounting holes were so close that I just had to drill each 1/16th" over (which I had to do anyway to get my machine screws to fit) and the new clutch dropped right into place. Miracles never cease! Only one more rope clutch left to mount in order to finish up my running rigging refit in the cockpit. I'm pretty pleased with how easy it has been so far.
Only a few more maintenance projects for this winter, then it will be time to do a good cleaning and get it ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment