Wednesday, May 16, 2007

More reviews...


So after changing the oil, fuel filters, etc... wiring up the steaming/foredeck light, and a good thorough cleaning- I decided to install more of the LED stuff I've been experimenting with. A buddy of mine got a good deal on a new LED chart light and it is really nice- but it retails for over $200. I got a Nighthawk from www.doctorled.com (light in bottom picture) and wanted to see how it was. It's great! My only complaint is that it is kind of big, but its functionality and tiny power draw more than make up for it. Given that result, I also ordered replacement bulbs for my reading lights (bulb shown in top pictures) and was very impressed with them as well. Nice light, much warmer than the bulbs I put in my dome lights, and not badly priced (about $30 each) given that they will most likely outlast the boat. This company is going to have a dome light to match the ones on the boat (their current ones are a little small, but the bigger ones are coming out this summer) that I'm going to replace a couple of the more commonly used dome lights with those when they come out. I would suggest the Doctor LED products to anyone interested in making the move to this power saving light. I'm really looking fwd to being able to have a bunch of lights on with out draining the batteries that I need to run the fridge.

Getting ready for our annual week long cruise around the bay- boat's clean, dinghy is pretty much ready, fridge is packed, weather is supposed to be nice...

















No comments:

Post a Comment